Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose Professional Steam Cleaning?
Having your carpet professionally cleaned will increase the life of your carpet and protect your indoor air quality. Professional carpet cleaning removes the stains and enhances the look of your room. It helps maintain your carpets warranty. In addition, professional cleaning is more convenient, cost efficient and eco-friendly than cleaning your carpet yourself. When you clean your carpets your create a healthier environment for your family.
What is included in your professional steam cleaning?
First of all, your carpets will be vacuumed to remove any dry soils from the carpet. Then we apply a Pre-Spot Spray to loosen soils from carpet fibers. Then we use heat to agitate carpet. The next step in the process is to use hot water exaction to remove the the dirt and grime. Finally, we rinse the carpets to prevent in residual cleaner, leaving your carpet looking bright and smelling fresh.
Is your equipment truck mounted?
Yes, our carpet cleaning machines are professional, truck mounted and use steam to give your carpet a deep clean. We do not show up with a portable carpet cleaner.
What do I do before Crazy Clean Up arrives?
Move any furniture prior to cleaning. Please ensure all pets are put up to avoid any delays in the cleaning process.
Does someone need to be present during the service?
Yes, we require a person 18 years of age or older to be present while are our services providers are in your home.
How long does it take my carpet to dry?
Depending on things like airflow and temperature it can take up to 24 hours for your carpet to completely
dry. You can walk on your carpet after the cleaning; you can re-soil your carpet by wearing shoes on carpet that is not dry. Avoid moving furniture or other objects on the carpet until after it has completely dried to avoid any color transfers.
Why carpet protection?
There is a good chance your carpet came with a protector. Most carpet manufacturers recommended that protection be reapplied once a year. Adding a protector to your carpet helps with dry dirt, and spills. It wraps your carpet in a protective coating and allows more time to clean up spills before they soak into the fibers of your carpet.
Do you guarantee removal of all spots or stains?
We cannot guarantee that we will remove all spots or stains because some stains permanently discolor the carpet fibers. Age of the carpet and the type of fibers are a factor to how well stains come out.
Ten Reasons to Have Carpets Cleaned Year Round
As the weather warms and people head outdoors, it is important that custodial departments don't lose sight of what needs to be done inside. There are many reasons why carpets should not be neglected. Doug Berjer product manager for CFR, manufacturers of recycling portable carpet extractors, offers these top ten reasons to have carpets cleaned year round.
Properly cleaning and maintaining carpets:
1. Prolongs the life of carpeting. Regular carpet cleaning using the extraction method can increase the life of carpets significantly, protecting your floor-covering investment.
2. Protects indoor air quality. Carpets trap airborne pollutants; however, eventually those pollutants must be removed in order to protect the carpet and maintain indoor air quality.
3. Makes carpets easier to maintain. Most carpet soiling is made up of dry soils; when carpets are kept thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis, most dry soils can be removed with regular vacuuming.
4. Removes spots and stains. As with other soils, spots and stains can attract more soiling. Removing them promptly protects carpeting from damage.
5. Prevents buildup of allergens and bacteria. Moist soiling of carpets can result in the buildup of several unhealthy contaminants.
6. Enhances the appearance of any room. Clean, well-maintained carpets speak volumes about the overall cleanliness of a home or facility.
7. Improves worker morale. Workers feel better about their work environment when it is clean. This includes the carpeting.
8. Makes carpeting look and feel clean and fresh.
9. Removes dust mites and bedbugs that may have found a home in carpets.
10. Maintains the carpet’s warranty. Most carpet warranties require that carpets be cleaned using the extraction method within a specific amount of time, usually every 12 to 18 months.